Sunday, October 18, 2009

I wonder.





As I'm sitting in this coffee shop,
I look around.
I look around at the people around me.
All different ages,
all different races,
all different lives.
I wonder what they're thinking,
what they're going through.
I can see the pain some are carrying,
the weight of life on their shoulders,
their fears,
their deep secrets they have shoved into the back,
black places in their hearts or minds.
I wonder if they know how loved they are?
I wonder if they know that there is freedom?
I wonder if they know that in confession there is redemption?
I wonder if they want more than this mundane life we live sometimes?

And then I wonder,

do I know the answers to these questions either?


1 comment:

  1. i love you libbie. you know the answers to those questions you just have to believe them. stay strong love

    ReplyDelete