Friday, May 22, 2009

Gratitude




Its been awhile since Ive written a blog...I wonder if anyone reads these anyways...
But Ill let my thoughts flow as they may...

As I think back to just a few weeks ago, before my internship started, before I found a job, before I knew what God had in store for me...
All I am filled with is...
.Gratitude.
Our God is such a faithful God, even in the chaos, even in the quietness.

I hear more and more people around me who are just so confused with their lives, live with no hope, wonder why God punishes them, or abandons them...

The thing is...Our God is not a punisher, he does not abandon us, and is our only hope for life..

Deuteronomy 31: 8 says....
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

I realized how empty I am. how needy I am without the Lord. That I literally cannot do it on my own. The more I realize that, the more Im dependent on Christ. He alone is my strength, my hope, my freedom, my clarity, my reason for life.
I am so In love with Him.

How can this be?

-Because he desires to have relationship with me, and out of that I respond and desire one back. I realize that it is definitely not about me,..It is about Christ's glory being revealed through me. What an honor that is! I know we are supposed to know this as Christians, but do we really live it out? do we really live each day set apart? Do we really see others the way Jesus would see them? Or do we hate our brother or sister, do we gossip about our friends, or do we judge the person standing in line next to us?-

All i want to be is faithful to the Lord like how he has been faithful to me. I want to honor him, I want to be guided by him, hear him speak and respond to him and what he wants to do through me. I want to remember that everyday I am living life with a purpose. Living life to bring others into relationship with Christ with not only my words, but my actions.
Thank you lord for hearing me. Thank you lord for guiding me...

This is my prayer:

I will bless the Lord who guides me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
My body rests in safety.
For you will not leave my soul among the dead
or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.
You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasures of living with you forever.
Psalm 16:7-11

Everyday I am shaped in who I am supposed to be. Everyday I choose to surrender. I choose to let him mold me and shape me. Today and the days to come I will stand with gratitude.

1 comment:

  1. You, Libbie Ann, have such true beauty. This blog just overwhelms my heart with such gratitude myself...for the privilege of knowing you...for the privilege of experiencing life with you...for how incredibly I have seen the Lord at work in your life over the years...for witnessing the Lord use you in such profound ways. Seriously, pause for just a moment and think about who you were 4 years ago...and who you were 2 years ago...and who you were even 6 months ago...and look at who you are right now in this moment. Changed. Freer. Peaceful. I pray that you are able to see how much you do exude and portray the very picture you painted in this blog. The depth of life that you live in with the Lord invites others to wade in a little farther themselves. You do have such purpose. So so proud of you Lib. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete